Governor McMaster has issued executive orders to close dine-in services for restaurants, all state parks, and for visitors from 'hot spots' states to self quarantine. Some Georgetown County citizens are wondering whether the beaches should be closed.
- Two arrests made in Georgetown home burglary
- Georgetown man was shot, taken to hospital, after burglary
- DHEC updates May 30 case counts; announces 312 new cases, 7 deaths
- Third suspect in Murrells Inlet shooting arrested and charged with murder, burglary charges
- SC health officials reports over 260 new cases and 4 additional deaths
- Saint Frances Adoptable Pets for the Week of 5/25/2020
- Obituaries: May 20, 2020
- Lowcountry Prep holds commencement for Class of 2020
- SC unemployment claims reach near 550,000; Georgetown County slightly decreases
- Voting places change for ten precincts
As businesses are starting to reopen in the country, many are putting up "No Mask, No Service" signs on their doors. The move is in response to shoppers who refuse to wear face masks being confronted by store employees and others.