A 28-year-old worker died Thursday at Georgetown High School.
Jeremy Starks, of Myrtle Beach fell about eight feet off a ladder to the floor after being electrocuted. An autopsy Friday determined the cause of death was electrocution.
In a press release from the Georgetown County School District,
“In a tragic accident this afternoon at Georgetown High a subcontractor working at the school was killed when he was accidentally electrocuted. EMS personnel responded quickly and the victim was transported to Georgetown Memorial Hospital. All agencies and authorities have been notified about this accident and it is being investigated. Our prayers go out to the individual’s family and friends.”