Three people have been charged in connection with an armed robbery that occurred near Wilcox Avenue in Murrells Inlet on Wednesday.

Mark William Visockis, 31, and Chelsea Lynn Watterson, 20, both from Myrtle Beach as well as Marcus William Ortagus, 21, of Murrells Inlet were apprehended by officers with the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office.

According to an incident report, the three suspects were driving along Wilcox Avenue in Murrells Inlet when they saw the victim riding a bicycle and swerved at him, forcing him off the road. They began chasing the victim, who was forced to run on foot after the chain broke on his bicycle. Ortagus allegedly ran him down, threatened him with a knife and demanded money. The victim complied, but Visockis arrived and stated the victim needed to hand over more money.

The victim then ran to a nearby house for help as other people showed up due to the yelling. A witness told the suspects that police had been called, and they left at that time.

Sheriff’s Deputies responded to the call and located the suspects at the Circle K on Wachesaw Road. All three suspects appeared under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Officers reported that Visocki appeared to be hallucinating at one point and began yelling at people who were not there. A pat down found 17 clonazepam pills, also known as Klonopin. Ortagus was in possession of two knives.

Visockis claimed the victim owed him $2,000 but followed that up by saying he did not actually know the victim. Ortagus stated the victim had stolen a skateboard from him a few years prior but also did not know victim. The victim said he did not know the suspects.

The vehicle used during the robbery had been reported stolen in Horry County. All three were charged with possession of a stolen vehicle.

Visockis and Ortagus were both charged with armed robbery. Visockis was also charged with possession of a controlled substance as well as driving under suspension. Ortagus was additionally charged with possession of a weapon during a violent crime.

As of Friday, all three suspects were being held at the Georgetown County Detention Center.