Wednesday, January 23, 2013
The 29th annual Palmetto Sportsmenís Classic will be held at the State Fairgrounds in Columbia March 22-24.
Classic-goers will find hundreds of exhibitors on site with the latest fishing, hunting and outdoor equipment for show and sale.
New and returning major attractions are:
* R.J. and Jay Paul Molinere from the History Channel reality show ďSwamp PeopleĒ will be signing autographs.
* Bwana Jimís Wildlife Show, which specializes in reptiles such as snakes, alligators, and turtles, and other animals such as armadillos, wallabies and exotic birds.
* The Muzzy 200 Club Monster Buck Display features more than 3,000 inches of whitetail antler mass on just 12 bucks.
* Crown Creek Kennelís demonstrates retriever training.
* Bass Tub features a 5,500-gallon aquarium stocked with largemouth bass, featuring fishing seminars and casting demonstrations by Keith Johnson.
* Wood and stone carver William McKinney uses naturally found dead wood and stones to create beautiful art.
Doors will be open from noon to 8 p.m. March 22; 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 23; and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. March 24.
Admission is $8 and parking is free. Seniors 62 and over get in for $7 while children 10 and under are admitted free.
For more information on the Palmetto Sportsmenís Classic, call the S.C. Department of Natural Resourcesí Columbia office at 803-734-4008 or visit www.psclassic.com.