Quantcast

West End house fire may have been sparked by candles

  • Monday, October 15, 2012

An investigation is taking place into a fire that heavily damaged a Georgetown home early Monday.
Georgetown City Fire Chief Joey Tanner said the fire was reported at about 1 a.m. at 2532 Front Street Extension.
Tanner said there was no electricity in the home. The occupant. Roderick Green was reportedly using candles for light.
Green said he left a candle burning while he was away from the home owned by his grandmother, Trudy Green which he believes is how the fire started.
Tanner said crews were able to quickly bring the fire under control but the front rooms of the house suffered extensive damage.

Comments

Notice about comments:

South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.

Upcoming Events
 Latest News
Print Ads
Latest Videos


South Strand News

© 2014 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.
150-02-88705