Wednesday, October 31, 2012
There will be no shortage of events in Georgetown County for children and their families this Halloween.
The following is a list of Halloween events and fall festivals the Georgetown Times has been notified about:
The following events will take place on Wednesday:
• The Greater Bible Way Church of Georgetown, 1518 Hawkins St., will have a special youth service at 7 p.m.
• The Andrews Church of God will be having their Fall Festival from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The address is 310 N Morgan Ave., Andrews. The theme is “Family, Fun and Fellowship.”
• Center Baptist Church will host its annual Truth-A-Treat at the Folly Grove Community Center from 6 to 8 p.m.
• First Baptist Georgetown will be hosting a free Fall Festival from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. complete with lots of games, free food, inflatables, a cakewalk and of course tons of candy. It will be held at the First Baptist facilities at 219 Cleland St. Georgetown. Additional information can be given by Jason Mitchell at 546-5187.
• Prevailing Purpose Church, 249 Wedgefield Road, Georgetown. This will be a 75-minute service starting at 6:30 p.m. followed by some food, fellowship, and lots of fun.
• Georgetown First Assembly, corner of Duke and St. James Streets, will be having a Fall Fun Fest from 6 to 9 p.m. This community-wide festival includes games, food, candy, and door prizes.
• Waccamaw High School student council is sponsoring a Trick or Trunk from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. in the front parking lot of the school for children through sixth grade.
South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.