Thursday, September 20, 2012
Firefighters from Midway Fire Rescue, Murrells Inlet-Garden City Fire and Georgetown County Fire were asked to assist with a fire at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in Surfside Beach this afternoon.
The fire, according to campground officials, was in a two-story home. No one was inside when the fire started. A neighbor who saw flames called 911.
Itís unknown what sparked the blaze. The home received fire and water damage.
South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.