Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Andrews police are seeking the publicís help in the search for suspects in a recent shooting and home invasion.
Itís unknown if the two incidents are related.
On August 27, at about 11:30 p.m., Andrews police were sent to the 300 block of West Elmwood Street where a 55-year-old man had been shot in the head.
The man was bleeding from the mouth and forehead when police got on the scene.
The victim said he was shot by a man as he was walking on West Elmwood Street. He said he did not know the gunman.
Officers searched the area but the suspect was not located.
No detailed description of the suspect was given.
The reported home invasion took place at about 4:40 a.m. Sept. 4 in the 800 block of West Myrtle Road.
One person has been arrested in this case and one remains at large.
Najee McKnight, 25, of North Beech Avenue in Andrews has been charged with armed robbery, burglary and assault of a high and aggravated nature. He remains in jail under a $90,000 bond.
The victim, a 47-year-old man, McKnight and a man he does not know entered his house and started to fight with him. He said they hit him on the head with a gun before taking his wallet and keys to his home and shed.
A female who was in the house at the time told police the men pointed a gun at her as well when they were unable to locate any money. She said they threatened to kill her and the male victim.
One of the men then pointed the gun at the ceiling and fired a shot.
They fled the scene on foot.
The male victim was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Andrews Police Chief Jennifer Flowers said the second suspect has been identified as 24-year-old James Devon Scott.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts ó or on the suspect in the shooting ó should call Andrews police at 264-5223.
By Scott Harper
South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.