Sunday, July 15, 2012
Nine people have been arrested on drug charges as part of an operation by the 15th Circuit Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU).
The county wide warrant roundup took place Thursday.
According to a press release, each subject had felony warrants for drug distribution within Georgetown County.
Those arrested are:
• Nicolas Morano, 32, charged with Distribution of Schedule III
• Tory Teron Thomas, 24, charged with Distribution of Crack Cocaine
• Sophia Loren Simmons, 40, charged with Distribution of Cocaine
• Henry Jermaine Elliott, 38, charged with Distribution of Cocaine and Possession with Intent Distribute Marijuana
• Earl L. Myers Jr., 26, charged with Distribution of Crack Cocaine
• Raymond Keith, 27, charged with Possession with Intent to Distribute Crack Cocaine and Possession of Marijuana
• Willie James Anderson, 61, charged with Distribution of Cocaine
• Brandon Michael Hanna, 24, charged with Distribution of Crack
• Maurice Javon Grant, 28, charged with Distribution of Marijuana (two counts)
The arrestees were transported to Georgetown County Detention Center. Many more subjects were not located but have outstanding felony warrants, the release states.
South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.