• Georgetown Times
  • Waccamaw Times
  • Inlet Outlook

Police Blotter: Man sends sex messages and nude picture to teen

  • Friday, February 22, 2013

  • Updated Monday, September 23, 2013 10:52 am

A Beneventum community woman said a 24-year-old man was having inappropriate conversations with her 15-year-old daughter and he allegedly sent a nude photo of himself to the teen.
The woman said the teen had her cell phone taken away for punishment.
After she turned the phone over, her mother started looking through it and found the text messages from the man.
In some of the messages, the man says he is nervous about talking to the teen because he is afraid her parents will find out. Other messages describe sexual activities he wants to have with the teen.
He also wrote that he would drive to Georgetown from his home in New York State and pick her up and her parents would not find out.
The woman said there was a photo in the phone of the man naked.
The case was turned over to the department’s sex crime investigator.

Man threatens wife, goes to jail

Deputies responded to a home on Second Ave. in Colonial Estates multiple times Feb. 17 because of domestic situations.
At about 7:30 p.m., Central Dispatch received a hang up call from that residence, so officers responded once again.
When they arrived, a 52-year-old man got upset at his wife and said “are you happy the police are here?”
The man was told by a deputy to stop talking to his wife while the interviews were being conducted.
The man began to get louder towards his wife and started gesturing at her in a threatening manner, the report states.
The man then “became uncooperative” and tried pulling away from a deputy.
He was arrested for disorderly conduct.

“White trash” threat

A 59-year-old Maryville woman said she received a threatening letter in the mail Tuesday from an unknown person. She said she cannot be 100-percent sure, but she thinks some relatives may be the senders of the letter which contained a picture of her daughter who is in jail.
The photo was accompanied by a note that states “One white trash down. Two more to go.”
The investigation continues.


BB gunshot reported — two weeks later


A woman from Russell Ave. in Andrews says she was shot twice in the stomach with a BB gun by her 64-year-old boyfriend.
The woman said it happened on Super Bowl Sunday but she did not file a report until Feb. 17.
The man reportedly told the woman she was accidentally shot when he was trying to shoot a dog.
The woman said there were no dogs in the area at the time and said her boyfriend apologized for shooting her.
The woman said she and her boyfriend were not arguing prior to the shooting. She said they had friends over and everyone was getting along fine.
When asked why she waited two weeks to file a report, the woman said she was in fear for her life.
The deputy noted officers had contact with the woman on other issues several times after Super Bowl Sunday and she never mentioned the shooting.
The case will be presented to a magistrate for possible prosecution.

Handgun stolen

A man from Beasley, S.C. said he was having supper at Carrabba’s Restaurant in Murrells Inlet Feb. 15 when someone broke into his GMC truck and stole his handgun.
The man had already left Georgetown County when he made the call and did not want to return to have the truck the processed.
He said there was no sign of forced entry.

Information is subject to change as the investigation proceeds. Individuals arrested and/or charged have not been convicted.
— Compiled by Scott Harper

Comments

Notice about comments:

South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.



South Strand News

© 2014 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.
150-02-88705