Quantcast

Trial date continued for Andrews man charged with child rape

  • Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Moyd

The court date for an Andrews man accused of raping a pre-teen girl has been delayed, more than four years after the encounters between them allegedly occurred.

The trial for Raymond Christopher Moyd, 34, had been scheduled to begin this week in General Sessions Court, but a continuance was granted before its start date.

Moyd was arrested in May of 2011 after an Andrews woman took her 12-year-old daughter to Georgetown Memorial Hospital when she said she learned her daughter and Moyd were involved in a sexual relationship. According to the incident report from the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office, the woman told deputies she found Moyd and her daughter in the midst of a sexual act the previous day. After speaking with the daughter, deputies said, they were told she and Moyd had sex between five and 10 times over the past two years while they and her mother were living in Baltimore. The daughter added she had sex with Moyd once upon moving to South Carolina, deputies said, and also had sex with Moyd’s 15-year-old nephew several weeks prior to the hospital visit.

Moyd was arrested within the next several days and charged with four counts of second-degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor. More than two years after his arrest, on Oct. 4, 2013, a warrant was issued for his arrest that charged him with failing to appear for a court date in connection to those charges.

He was arrested on Jan. 20, 2014, on that warrant and taken to the Georgetown County Detention Center, where he remains in custody. His next court date has not been determined.

Comments

Notice about comments:

South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.

Latest Videos
Upcoming Events
 Latest News
Print Ads


South Strand News

© 2015 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.
150-02-88705