Police Blotter, March 4, 2015

  • Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A 27-year-old Georgetown woman said she was attacked by a 24-year-old woman while being held by an unknown male.

On Feb. 21 at about 6:50 a.m., a Georgetown City Police officer responded to a call for a possible assault. The victim stated that at about 5:30 a.m. a woman she has been having problems with, and an unknown male, came to her door. The woman stated that she had slashed the victim’s tires.

The victim said she asked the woman and man to go away and closed the door. Then, five minutes later, the two knocked on the door again. When the victim stepped outside to speak with the woman, she sat her cell phone on her car parked outside. That is when the victim said the woman snatched her cell phone, valued at $500 and refused to give it back.

The two started arguing and the woman hit the victim about her body and then bit her left arm. During this time, the victim said the male held her, allowing the woman to assault her. The officer observed two bite marks on the victim’s left arm. The woman was charged with assault and battery second degree and petit larceny. Officers are attempting to identify the male.

Man says aunt caused damage to pipes

A 39-year-old Georgetown man said his aunt, who lives next door, entered his garage and turned on his washing machine water supply line and cracked the hose while he was gone. The man left his house at 10 a.m. on Feb. 20, and arrived home early in the morning on Feb. 21. Water on the floor of the garage was two to three inches deep, the responding Georgetown City Police officer said.

The man stated he believes there was about $800 worth of damage to the property. He reported that he is in a civil dispute with his aunt over his property, and they are supposed to be going to court. He did not have any evidence that the aunt did the damage and the officer at the scene stated that the case was unfounded due to the freezing temperatures and the fact that the aunt is the actual owner of the property.

Guns and TVs stolen

A Georgetown man said when he arrived at his Brinkley Street home on Feb. 22 at 2:30 p.m., several items were missing from his residence three firearms, two televisions, Christmas presents and a change jar. He said he had locked all windows and doors.

At 4:50 p.m., Georgetown City Police officers responded to the residence and found that entry was made through a back window. Items the man reported stolen were a 12-guage Mossberg 500 pump-action (Duck’s Unlimited Edition) firearm valued at $500, a 12-guage Mossberg 500 pump-action firearm valued at $400, a Marlin 30-30 firearm valued at $200, a 50” black Emerson flat screen television valued at $400, a 32” black Phillips flat screen valued at $300, Christmas presents valued at $100 and a change jar with miscellaneous coins valued at $100.

Man shows gun in Walmart parking lot

A 20-year-old Georgetown woman said a 20-year-old man who was arguing with her boyfriend in the Georgetown Walmart Feb. 22 showed her a gun in his truck in the parking lot, warning her to back off.

Georgetown City Police said the woman told officers she had followed the man out to his truck after the argument. When she approached the truck, the man showed a handgun and said, “You might want to think about going back inside.”

When she asked what he was going to do with the gun, he repeated what he had said. The woman went back into Walmart and called the police. She could only describe the gun as being a black pistol. The man was charged with violating a city ordinance.

Dogs loose, cat dead

A 60-year-old Georgetown woman said her cat was killed by two dogs that were running loose.

On Feb. 22 at about 2 p.m., Georgetown City Police officers responded to a dog call on Front Street. The victim stated that she found her missing cat dead on her front porch with a severe head wound. She said this is not the first time she has had cats go missing and there are two dogs in the neighborhood that are always in her yard messing with her cats. She said she believes that the two dogs killed her cat.

Officers talked to the owner of the two dogs who admitted that the two dogs had broken their chains and were running loose at the time of the incident. The owner said she would chain the dogs back up. The owner was cited for permitting domestic animals to run at large.

Information is subject to change as the investigation proceeds. Individuals arrested and/or charged have not been convicted.


Notice about comments:

South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.

Upcoming Events
 Latest News
Print Ads
Latest Videos

South Strand News

© 2015 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.