Police Blotter: Mad about no gas discount

  • Thursday, September 4, 2014

An 82-year-old Pawleys Island man is accused of “destructive damage and vandalism” at Gullie’s Quick Mart in the 12000 block of Ocean Highway.

The man, according to the report, was at the station Aug. 21, and got mad when a mistake by the clerk caused him not to receive a 25-cent per gallon discount on gas he was expecting.

He said it angered him because it was the second time it had happened.

He proceeded to rip a sign from the tank that advertised the Bi-Lo card discount.

After deputies arrived, the suspect offered to pay for the damage.

The manager said the man came in the store “yelling and using nasty language with the cashier.”

The manager said he did not want to press charges and did not want the man to pay for the signs. He said he did want the man to stay away from the store.

Assault by ‘boyfriend’

A Georgetown woman said she was assaulted by a man she met online about three months ago.

The woman said even though they have been dating, “she does not know his name,” the report states.

She told a deputy she was at a party with the “unknown male” and then they went to his house in the 100 block of Godfrey Road in Pawleys Island.

She said the man assaulted her by “mushing her” in the face and head area.

First she said the man grabbed her by the neck, then she said he grabbed her by the shirt but her shirt was not torn.

The woman appeared to be under the influence of alcohol, the report states.

When the officer informed the woman she needed to be honest about the man’s name, she said she only knows him as “Fox.”

“Fox” told the deputy he was also assaulted by the woman but neither wanted to press charges.

The case was cleared since neither wanted to prosecute.

Camera catches

Pawleys Island Police arrested a 54-year-old Georgetown man after receiving notification from one of the license plate-reading cameras that the plate was on the state’s “hot list.”

Central Dispatch confirmed the information. There was an alert on the tag because the driver had a suspended license.

The report states he had “multiple suspensions within the past 10 years.”

He was transported to jail without incident.

On Aug 23,one of the cameras alerted on a Ford F-150 with a suspended tag.

Once stopped, it was discovered the driver , a 24-year-old Greenville man, did not have a license.

Latest Videos
Friends to Follow
Upcoming Events
News from Twitter

South Strand News

© 2016 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.