Police Blotter: Shots fired but no victim found

  • Thursday, August 28, 2014

Georgetown County deputies spent time Wednesday night searching for a possible gunshot victim.

The hunt for an injured person began at about 9:20 p.m. after officers received a call about gunfire at 215 Oatland Road.

When they arrived, deputies “located evidence to confirm shots were fired. At this time there is no report of injuries,” said Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson. “The incident is currently under investigation.”

She is asking anyone with information about the gunfire or possible victim to call the Sheriff’s Office (843) 546-5101.

Anonymous tips can also be sent by using Text-A-Tip. Just dial 274637 from any text enabled cell phone, and text the word “GCSOTIP” followed by your message.

Harassed by boss

An Andrews woman says she was the victim of sexual harassment by her boss.

The woman filed the report Aug. 21, but said the incident took place in July at a manufacturer west of the Georgetown city limits.

The 24-year-old woman said she was at the desk of her 47-year-old supervisor when he made a comment about her underwear showing, she told a deputy.

She said as she was getting up to leave – and while she was pulling her shirt down –her supervisor hit her on the butt with an open hand as he told her to get back to work.

She said her boss then told her she needed to go to the second floor and he got on the elevator with her.

“(The) victim stated once the elevator doors closed he kissed her on the lips. She said they did not leave the elevator on the second floor so it returned to the first floor.

She said he kissed her again and she tried to push him away but was unable to do so.

Once on the ground floor, the woman quickly exited the elevator and walked away. She said her boss told her not to tell his wife what happened.

The woman said she continued to work at the company because she was the only one in her family who was employed.

She said she never reported the incident to human resources and there were no other episodes with her boss.

She quit her job Aug. 18 after contacting an attorney who advised her to file a police report.

The woman said she does want to prosecute criminally and wants to seek civil damages.

Man attacked

Deputies were sent to the 100 block of Gasque Street in Sampit around 12:30 a.m. Aug. 21, because of a 49-year-old man who had been assaulted.

The officers arrived and saw the man sitting on the porch. He was slouched forward with blood running from his forehead and several bloody rags at his feet.

The cut on the left side was about three inches long. The man vomited at least six times after the deputies made it to the home.

The homeowner said the victim knocked on her door and when she opened the door she saw him in the bloody condition.

The victim, according to the report, “was incoherent” and unable to answer questions.

The homeowner said she was told by the victim that a 23-year-old man had hit him on the head with a brick.

It was undetermined where the alleged incident occurred.

The man was airlifted to Grand Strand Medical Center for treatment.

There have been no arrests.

51 Express burglary

An employee of 51 Express at the intersection of Browns Ferry and Johnson Roads arrived at work Aug. 20, and discovered the store had been burglarized.

The man said the first thing he saw once arriving at the store was a broken window. The deputy noted the hole in the glass was big enough for a person to climb through.

The cash register drawer was open and empty. There were items thrown around behind the counter.

A large amount of money was stolen. Ten cartons of cigarettes were also taken.

There are no suspects.

Two TVs stolen

On Aug. 19, a man and woman walked into Walmart and loaded two 55-inch Vizio TVs onto two shopping carts.

At approximately 5:30 p.m. the man pushed his cart out of the doors on the grocery side while the woman exited with her TV out the door next to the pharmacy.

The shoplifting was discovered three days later as store security workers were reviewing footage from surveillance cameras.

The couple is seen loading the TVs into a white Chevy Trailblazer.

Neither person has been identified.

Information is subject to change as investigations proceed. Individuals arrested and/or charged have not been convicted.

Latest Videos
Friends to Follow
News from Twitter

South Strand News

© 2016 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.