Monday, July 7, 2014
A truck that was leaking chlorine forced the closure of the entrance to DeBordieu around 9:50 a.m. Monday, according to Midway Fire Rescue.
The fire department posted a Tweet stating about 100 gallons of chlorine spilled from the truck.
Two people were treated due to a reaction from the chemical, according to scanner traffic.
Sand was being delivered to the scene to help absorb the chlorine.
A replacement part to stop the truck from leaking was delivered to the scene from Myrtle Beach, according to scanner traffic. By 1:30 p.m. the spill had been cleaned up and the entrance was reopened to traffic.
South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.