Police Blotter: Inappropriate texts

  • Thursday, June 26, 2014

A deputy spoke with a woman by phone June 12 who said her 18-year-old daughter – who lives with her in Vermont and has the mental capacity of a 5-year-old – has been receiving explicit text messages from a 44-year-old Georgetown man.

She said her daughter met the man on Facebook and gave him her telephone number. The woman found out her daughter was trying to get to Georgetown to meet the man who told her he wants to pour hot wax on her and tie her up, the report states.

The complainant said she has been told by an unknown source this same man has been trying to get a woman and her 13-year-old daughter, who live in Wisconsin, “to come to South Carolina to have a threesome with him.”

The Vermont woman said her daughter deleted a lot of the texts before she knew they needed to be saved. The victim was advised to cease communications with the man and to save any future texts he sends.

The deputy went to the man’s Facebook page and saw the man had posted “some coward is spreading lies about me being a pedophile.”

The case is still being investigated.

Sword as weapon

A woman from the Browns Ferry area said she returned home from church June 15 and her husband was still in bed.

He got up and started accusing her of cheating on him then grabbed her arm and tried to push her out the house.

When the woman screamed for him to let her go, her husband reportedly said “I got something for you” then went to the bedroom and walked out holding a sword.

The woman said he made his way to the kitchen where she was standing and said “what you got to say about this?”

The woman said she remained calm and her husband eventually put the sword away.

She said she went to a bedroom and placed a dresser against her door so her husband could not get in as she slept.

The next day she called police.

A warrant was expected to be presented to a judge for consideration.

Sucker punched at bar

A 25-year-old Andrews man with a busted lip was in the Georgetown Memorial Hospital emergency room when he was met by a deputy at about 6 a.m. June 15.

The man, who required several stitches, said he had been at Sarah’s Nightlife in Andrews when a fight broke out. The man said he was not involved in the fight but as he was walking out the door a man “sucker punched him in the face with a closed fist and split his lip,” the report states.

The victim said his attacker fled in a silver Ford F-150.

Sunset Lodge burglaries

At least two apartments at Sunset Lodge on South Fraser Street were broken into June 18.

The owner of the apartment complex said two of his tenants reported burglaries and doors on other apartments were damaged.

One of the tenant said he was missing his prescription medicine that had been in a kitchen cabinet.

The other tenant said $60 in change was stolen from his apartment.

An investigator was told one tenant saw another tenant on a ladder at the window of one of the victims earlier in the day. The property owner said that man does repair work for him but had no reason to be on a ladder by that apartment that day.

The alleged suspect denied being on the ladder. He said he had taken his mother to the doctor and was not home when the burglaries occurred.

The informant once again told the deputy he was “100 percent sure” he saw the man on the ladder that day. He also said the previous day the man asked him for some pain pills because his foot was hurting.

The burglaries are still being investigated.

Wallet thefts

A woman from the 300 block of Spring Pond Lane said someone entered her house through a back door June 15 and took money from two wallets. One of the wallets belonged to her, the other to her daughter.

The woman said this is the fifth time something like this has happened and she wants it to stop. She said every time it happens, it is only $20 bills that are taken. This time $40 was taken.

Information is subject to change as the investigation proceeds. Individuals arrested and/or charged have not been convicted.

Comments

Notice about comments:

South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.

Upcoming Events
Poll
 Latest News
Print Ads
Latest Videos


South Strand News

© 2014 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.
150-02-88705

ERROR: Macro ox-adUnits is missing!