Police Blotter: Man attacked in his Pee Dee community home

  • Thursday, June 12, 2014

A man was attacked in his home early Saturday morning and investigators are asking the public for help in tracking down whoever is responsible.

The incident occurred at about 3 a.m. Saturday at 965 Cohen Drive in the Pee Dee Community, according to Sheriff’s Office PIO Carrie Cuthbertson.

She said when deputies arrived on the scene, they found a man who had blood on his head and shirt.

The victim was transported to Grand Strand Hospital.

Deputies canvassed the area for the suspect and searched for an incident location with negative results.

Anyone that has any information is urged to contact the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office at 843-546-5101.

Anonymous tips can also be sent by using Text-A-Tip. Just dial 274637 from any text enabled cell phone, and text the word “GCSOTIP” followed by your message.

Guns stolen

Five units at Murrells Inlet Storage were broken into sometime between May 24 and 29.

Entry was made to the units by cutting the locks, the report states.

More than $5,700 worth of guns were taken from one person.

As of the time the report was written, nothing was missing from the other five storage cells.

The deputy noted there was a “shots fired” call on Old Kings Highway and when he responded he was told the shotgun being fired had just been purchased from someone on Turntable Road.

The investigation continues into whether or not the Turntable Road gun seller is the one who broke into the storage units.

Teen tampers with city camera

A 13-year-old was charged with malicious injury to property after he damaged one of the security cameras at the new splash pad at Ben Cooper Park at the corner of Price and Lafayette Streets May 29.

Police Capt. Nelson Brown provided investigators with still photos taken by the camera showing the teen tampering with the camera.

A police department worker was able to identify the child so officers responded to his house on Duke Street.

They met with the child’s father and showed him the photos. He then got his son to walk outside.

The child said he was tampering with the camera because he “had nothing better to do,” the report states.

The teen twisted the camera so it was facing down. It is believed the camera had some internal damage.

The child must appear in family court in July.

Woman gets jail wish

Georgetown police arrested a 26-year-old woman after she caused problems at Georgetown Memorial Hospital May 29.

The woman, according to a doctor, was transported to the emergency room because of an insect bite.

After she was treated she started begging to go to Lighthouse Care Center – a mental health facility – in Conway. She was told she did not meet the criteria and was asked to leave the hospital.

She began yelling and cursing at the staff, so police were called to have her escorted off the property.

The woman said she had called the Sheriff’s Office and had asked to be taken yo jail because she had no where else to go. The deputy had told her he had no reason to place her under arrest.

The woman, who had been living with her parents until they kicked her out, told the deputy she had been bitten by an insect and was allergic, so he took her to the emergency room.

She said she called her mother but her mother cussed her and hung up the phone.

Saying going to jail was “better than sleeping in the woods,” the woman once again started yelling and screaming and throwing things in the hospital, so the police officer placed here under arrest and took her to jail.

Assaulted by co-worker

A woman who works at Frank’s restaurant in Pawleys Island said she was assaulted by a co-worker May 31.

Deputies met the woman outside the restaurant and she said she had asked the man to leave her alone but he pushed her so she slapped in in retaliation and in an attempt to get away.

She said he then pinned her against a wall and grabbed her arms and made her start hitting herself.

Once outside, the man allegedly put the woman in a choke hold while pulling her hair and “smacking her in the face.”

After escaping the man’s grip, the woman went back inside and told her manager what had taken place.

The man was arrested, charged with simple assault.

Arrested after third chance

Deputies were sent to the 100 block of Hodge Drive May 28 because of a reported domestic violence situation in progress.

When they arrived, they heard a man yelling profanity at a woman.

The deputies made contact with the man who said “it was his birthday and they were just having fun,” the report states.

He said there was yelling but no threats were made and there was no physical contact.

The man was “highly intoxicated, had extremely slurred speech and was unsteady on his feet,” the report notes.

The deputies left but were called back about two hours later because of another noise complaint. This time the 61-year-old man said he was going to bed, so the officers left once again.

About two-and-a-half hours later, they were dispatched to the residence a third time cause the man was hitting the walls so hard it woke up neighbors.

The deputies also heard the commotion and when they knocked on the door the man began cussing at them.

He was arrested for breach of peace and reportedly continued to cuss while en route to jail.

Information is subject to change as the investigation proceeds. Individuals arrested and/or charged have not been convicted.

Latest Videos
Friends to Follow
Upcoming Events
News from Twitter

South Strand News

© 2016 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.