Injuries reported in Plantersville house fire

  • Saturday, May 10, 2014

Georgetown County firefighters responded to a house fire in the 3000 block of Jackson Village Road. The call was received at about 2:30 a.m. and the house was engulfed in flames when the first firefighters arrived. Everyone made it out of the house but one man sustained burns on his back, arm and head, according to reports. A medical helicopter was requested for the fire victim who was flown to the
Joseph Still Burn Center in Augusta. Once that victim was transported from the scene, it was discovered others had sustained less severe injuries. Because of the extent of damage to the home, firefighters successfully worked to keep the flames from extending to adjacent houses. By 3:20 a.m., the fire was under control. Midway Fire was requested to stand by at the county fire station on Highmarket Street while city firefighters were requested to stand by at the medical helicopter landing zone.

Latest Videos
Friends to Follow
News from Twitter

South Strand News

© 2016 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.