Faulty tank causes gas smell at Carvers Bay High

  • Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Georgetown County firefighters were called to Carvers Bay High at about 8 a.m. because of what was described as a "smell of gas" in the cafeteria.
The cafeteria staff were evacuated but the students remained in class.
When firefighters arrived, they reportedly discovered the problem was coming from a propane tank. The tank was shut off until someone from the gas company can respond to make repairs. 


Notice about comments:

South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.

Latest Videos
Upcoming Events
 Latest News
Print Ads

South Strand News

© 2015 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.