Monday, March 17, 2014
A Monday morning fire caused extensive damage to a Georgetown home. City Fire Chief Joey Tanner said firefighters were sent to 1512 Duke Street at about 5 a.m. Flames were showing when crews arrived. Tanner said the fire started with a heater in a bedroom. He estimates about 30-percent of the home sustained fire damage while the remainder of the house received heat and smoke damage. The heat did melt some of the siding on a neighboring house, Tanner said. There were no injuries.
South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.