Tuesday, January 28, 2014
There will be no school in Georgetown County School District for students or employees on Wednesday. A decision will be made Wednesday afternoon regarding any potential changes to the schedule for Thursday, January
** All Georgetown County government offices and facilities will be closed on Wednesday, Jan. 29, as a result of predicted dangerous weather and road conditions. Additionally, all recreational department games and programs have been canceled for Wednesday. A decision on whether offices and facilities will open Thursday will be made tomorrow. All county employees classified as essential remain on standby.
** Georgetown City offices to Remain Closed Wednesday
* The threat of freezing rain and sleet and deteriorated travel conditions will cause Georgetown City Hall to remain closed through Wednesday. Emergency calls will be promptly handled.
For electrical outages please call 546-4600.
· No service disconnections due to non-payment will take place until after the storm clears in the latter part of the week.
Tuesday's cancelled garbage collection will be scheduled for Friday January 31st.
** All Horry County public schools and offices will be closed on Wednesday, January 29. A decision about Thursday, Jan. 30, will be communicated mid-afternoon Wednesday.
• All Wednesday night activities at First Baptist Church in Georgetown have been cancelled.
• Screven Baptist Services are cancelled this Wednesday.
• Center Baptist Church has cancelled Wednesday services due to weather
** Georgetown County Water and Sewer District will be closed all day Wednesday. They will reopen on Thursday.
• The Georgetown County YMCA will be closed again Wednesday * There will be no Wednesday evening service at Ringel Heights Baptist Church
** Maryville Pentecostal Holiness Church has cancelled its Wednesday night service.
• The Georgetown County School District's “All-County Band/Chorus Concerts” which were scheduled for this Thursday and Friday at Waccamaw High School have been cancelled
• Georgetown Community Bible Study will not meet Wednesday
** Waccamaw Medical/Medical Building will be closed until at least 11am and possibly longer depending on weather conditions.
• The kickoff celebration for Georgetown County's annual Relay for Life, which was scheduled for Thursday night, has been canceled. No makeup date has been announced
• All games scheduled for the Georgetown County Parks & Recreation Dept. have been cancelled
• Georgetown Orthopaedics will be closed Wednesday
*** Inlet Pediatrics will open at 11:00am on Wednesday.
** Smith Medical Clinic, Inc. will be closed on Wednesday
** Helping Hands of Georgetown will be closed Wednesday and will reopen Thursday, weather permitting. ******
Georgetown Presbyterian Preschool and Child Development Center will be closed Wednesday
*** The Wednesday winter revival service at St. Mary's AME Church in Pawleys Island has been cancelled. Thursday and Friday night revival will go on as scheduled.
Pawleys Pediatrics and Adult Medicine will open at 1pm Wednesday.
If you have a closing, cancellation or delay to announce, please email the information to email@example.com.