Monday, January 27, 2014
The Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office would like to remind all citizens in Georgetown County some safety driving tips during the forecasted winter weather.
• Slow down – Slower speeds will enable you to maintain control during icy and/or snowy conditions. Remember slower acceleration, slower steering, and slower braking.
Remember that bridges, overpasses and shady areas can produce black ice, a thin coating of ice on pavement which may be difficult to see.
• Avoid slamming on your brakes. Brake early and carefully.
Avoid using cruise control.
• Increase the following distance to the car in front of you to allow yourself plenty of room to stop.
• Provide your full attention to driving and stay alert and aware of potential road issues.
• Monitor local news stations for the most up to date weather conditions.
The Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office will have additional personnel patrolling during the projected hazardous conditions.
South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.