70-inch television, jewelry stolen

  • Wednesday, January 22, 2014

  • Updated Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:04 am

A woman from the 500 block of Britton Ave, said someone forced open her back door and stole her 70-inch Pananonic TV.

Also taken was about $150 worth of jewelry.

She said there are two women she knows that may be responsible “because of past issues but at this time there is no evidence to connect them with the incident,” the report states.

Daughter accused of burglary

A burglary was also reported on Daffodil Drive Jan. 9. A woman said she has video recorded on cameras at a neighboring business that shows who broke into her home. The suspect is her daughter.

She said her daughter has broken into the home so many times, the door is messed up.

The video shows two others with her daughter, One is her daughter’s boyfriend. The other is a friend of the boyfriend.

Three others were later seen on the video.

The woman said a $30 gift card to Miyabi’s is missing. Also taken: Two pairs of underwear, a pair of blue jeans, a camera, a gold ring and four diamonds.

The woman said she called her daughter who admitted being at the house. She said when she asked if she took anything, her daughter started cursing and hung up.

Woman accuses neighbor of bomb threat

A woman from Driver’s Lane in Pleasant Hill said a 38-year-old man she knows threatened to blow her up in her aunt’s home.

She said the threat was the result of a problem between the man’s 11-year-old daughter and her son earlier in the day.

The man reportedly walked over to the victim’s house, walked inside without permission and threatened to blow her up. His fiance had to pull him out of the house.

The man told the deputy he was tired of the woman hanging out with his daughter and teaching her bad things. He said this has been an ongoing issue.

He said his daughter has told him in the past that the woman has threatened to “pop her in the mouth.”

He admitted he got loud with the woman but denied making any threats.

All parties were put on trespass notice.

Teen accused of destroying lamp, door

Deputies were sent to a home on Royal Pines Drive Jan. 8 because of a 16-year-old allegedly destroying property in the house.

The officers saw a lamp on the floor that was shattered. A door was also off the hinges.

The teen said he and his mother got into an argument about computer use. He admitted he broke the lamp and door.

The woman said she did not want her son to stay at the house that night. She was told he could not be forced to leave since he is a juvenile.

She then said she wanted to press charged. She was told he would be taken to jail but they could only hold him for six hours.

She agreed she would pick him up after the six hours, so he was arrested.

Information is subject to change as the investigation proceeds. Individuals arrested and/or charged have not been convicted.

– Compiled by Scott Harper

Comments

Notice about comments:

South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.

Upcoming Events
Poll
 Latest News
Print Ads
Latest Videos


South Strand News

© 2014 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.
150-02-88705