Police Blotter: Car broken into in Sampit

  • Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Car broken into in Sampit

A man from Rustwood Drive reports his car was broken into on New Year’s Day. The man said he was at Good Times Club in Sampit where there was a party going on. He said he got into an argument with another 25-year-old man. He said they exchanged words and pushed each other then went their separate ways.

The man said he left his car at the club because he was unable to drive. When he returned for the car he saw the back window had been busted out.

The radio was taken from the dash board. Also taken was a wallet containing $30.

All four tires were flat but were not damaged. It appears the air was let out of the valve stems.

The victim believes the man he got into the altercation with is responsible but had no proof.

Mad wife kicks and leaves

Deputies were sent to a home on Harvest Moon Road New Year’s Eve where they met with a 43-year-old man who said he and his 38-year-old wife were having beers by a burn barrel when his wife got upset over something, but he was not sure why she was mad.

He said when they went in the house, she kicked him in the groin and took their children outside.

She then busted two windows out of the house and left in a vehicle, the report states.

Once the man later found out his wife and kids were OK and were at her mother’s house, he said he did not want to press charges.

Missing woman found in closet

A 77-year-old woman was reported missing from a home in the 4500 block of Wagon Run Road in Murrells Inlet at about 2:15 a.m. New Year’s Day.

Deputies met with a woman who said the missing person was her mother. She said she got in an argument with her mother after a dog pooped in the house.

The older woman said she was going to bed but when they checked on her later she was not in the bedroom.

The family said they had checked all the rooms, closets and under the beds. They then walked and drove around the neighborhood looking for her. When she was not found, they called 911 saying she had never done anything like that before. The deputies were told the woman has no medical problems or no mental issues.

A photo of the woman was sent to all deputies on duty.

While searching the house, a deputy found the woman. She was in a walk-in closet underneath a large pile of clothes.

Her daughter and son-in-law said they checked the closet several times.

The woman told the deputy she was mad because everyone kept telling her to sit down and take it easy. She said she was capable of taking care of herself.

She “was located in good health,” the report concludes.

Woman accuses son of arson threat

A woman from Wagon Wheel Loop in Murrells Inlet called deputies Dec. 27 because her 58-year-old son was “intoxicated and was tearing up the house.”

When a deputy arrived, he first noticed a broken DVD player and two Christmas tree ornaments and three pieces of ice on the floor but did not hear any commotion.

Everything in the house looked OK.

The woman said her son threatened to burn down the house.

She said the ordeal began when her son accused her of stealing cigarettes and money from him.

The man denied making the arson threat.

His mother made other allegations saying her son threw out her Christmas candy.

The case was presented to a magistrate for warrant consideration.

Man in road admitted to hospital

A deputy was sent to the front gate of Wachesaw Plantation at about 6:15 a.m. Dec. 23 because of a man lying in the road.

The man was standing by the time the officer arrived. His shirt was torn and he was incoherent.

The man got mad when he was told he had to leave.

The deputy asked the man to go to the hospital because he was “not thinking correctly and acting strange.” The man refused to go so he was detained and was transported to the emergency room.

The man’s father said he and his son got into an argument about cleaning his room. He said his son left but he did not think much about it because his son has sleep problems and often walks when he can’t sleep.

Spitting accusation denied

A 56-year-old Murrells Inlet woman said she was visiting her grandson on Palmer Place when a 35-year-old woman spit in her face.

The younger woman denied the accusation saying she never spoke to the woman and never got close enough to her to spit at her.

The mother of the accused agreed with her daughter, saying her daughter never had any contact with the older woman.

Information is subject to change as the investigation proceeds. Individuals arrested and/or charged have not been convicted.

Compiled by Scott Harper.

Latest Videos
Friends to Follow
Upcoming Events
News from Twitter

South Strand News

© 2016 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.