Tuesday, December 24, 2013
A Christmas Eve morning fire caused damage to a mobile home in Georgetown’s West End.
Georgetown City Fire Chief Joey Tanner said the fire occurred at 2617 Prince Street and was reported at about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday.
He said when firefighters arrived, the homeowners were removing furniture from the home. Tanner said the fire began near a space heater in a bedroom.
He said the main damage was confined to the bedroom although there was smoke damage in other parts of the home.
There were no injuries.
South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.