Police Blotter: Nude photo blackmail

  • Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A 21-year-old Pleasant Hill woman said she began receiving Facebook messages from a 46-year-old man claiming to know her mother.

The woman said she received a nude photo of her mother along with a message that she had five minutes to speak with her mother. The man wrote that he would send the photo to more people if she did not cooperate with him.

The woman called her mother who confirmed she had sent the photo to the man.

While on the scene, the deputy had the younger woman write a message to the man stating “I do not wish for you to contact me anymore” and to let him know law enforcement had been contacted.

The woman’s mother told the deputy she has never met the man. She said all of their communication has been through Facebook. She said they started chatting last December and stopped communications in March.

She said she stopped messaging him when he started asking for money.

Because the older woman lives in Conway, she was advised to contact Horry County authorities about filing a report against the man.

Her daughter was told to contact local authorities if she is contacted by the man again.

Robbery at Razzles

On Dec. 9 at about 1:40 a.m. Central Dispatch was advised of a robbery that occurred at Razzles in the 200 block of Annie Rainey Lane.

Two men with guns reportedly “rushed inside and demanded that everyone empty their pockets,” the report states.

There were nine victims, according to the report, who emptied their pockets as told.

They were told to stand where they could not see the suspects.

They first went behind the bar and took about $200 from the cash register,

The report describes the suspects as two black males who were wearing bandanas over their faces. The one holding a shotgun was dressed in a black hoodie.

After getting money and someone’s phone, they fled in a silver Cadillac.

The victims waited about 15 minutes before calling 911. The report does not give a reason for the reporting delay.

“The victims were very uncooperative,” the report states.

Man threatened with knife

A man said he arrived at his job at American Gypsum Dec. 5 and was assaulted by a fellow employee.

He said they began to argue and the suspect threatened to cut him. He said he turned his back on the man and the man tried to cut him on the neck with a switchblade knife.

The man said he was escorted to the parking lot by other workers and the suspect was terminated and left the property.

The victim said the suspect is known for cutting people and was recently released from jail for cutting someone.

The case is still under investigation.

Kids left at hotel

The manager of Litchfield Inn said the guests in a room were supposed to check out by 11 a.m. Dec. 7 but had not done so by 12:30 p.m.

The manager called for a deputy after he went to the room and found a 12-year-old watching three younger children. The room was “in complete disarray, smelled of smoke, and there was a small dog inside,” the report states. The room is supposed to be smoke-free and pets are not allowed.

The deputy noted there was urine on the floor caused either by the dog or the youngest child who was not wearing a diaper.

The children said their mother had been gone for about 45 minutes. They said they thought she was going to the hotel office.

Contact was made with the woman who told the deputy she was on her way back.

The woman arrived and apologized for leaving.

“She said she was trying to secure a home in the Sampit area,” the report states.

She said she could not find transportation for her entire family so she left her kids in the care of her oldest child.

Because the children appeared healthy, no neglect charges were filed.

Spat leads to flying cereal and water

An argument erupted between an 18-year-old man and his 19-year-old girlfriend Dec. 3.

A deputy was sent to the home in the 400 block of Village Road in Sampit where they met with the woman who said the argument heated to a physical altercation.

She said she threw a bowl of cereal at him but missed and he threw a bottle of water at her, but he also missed.

The woman said she went to a bedroom and closed the door but the man knocked the door down. The door struck the woman on the lip.

Neither person wanted to press charges.

Latest Videos
Friends to Follow
News from Twitter

South Strand News

© 2016 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.