Tuesday, November 5, 2013
It's election day in the City of Georgetown and the Town of Andrews.
Polls are open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
The election in Georgetown is for Georgetown mayor and three expiring city council seats.
The candidates for mayor are Democrat incumbent Jack Scoville and newcomer Republican Richard Powers.
The candidates for the three expiring council seats are the incumbents Brendon Barber and Jeanette Ard, both Democrats and Republican Paige Sawyer. The newcomers are Carol Jayroe and Ed Kimbrough as well as Democrat Doris Simmons.
In Andrews, there are three council seats on the ballot.
Incumbents David Tisdale, Terrance Middleton and Thomas Alford face newcomers Sudha Patel and Eddie Lee in the non-partisan race.
In Andrews, voting takes place at the National Guard Armory.
The six polling places in Georgetown are:
• The Georgetown County Library at 405 Cleland St.
• Dreamkeepers Community Cultural Arts Center at 1623 Gilbert St.
• The Beck Administrative and Education Center at 2018 Church St.
•Georgetown Presbyterian Church at 558 Black River Rd.
• Maryville Elementary School at 2125 Poplar St.
• Winyah (National Guard Armory), for Winyah and Pennyroyal precincts.
What you will need to bring:
In order to vote, you must have one of the five official forms of identification:
S.C. Driver's License
ID Card issued by S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles
S.C. Voter Registration Card with Photo
Federal Military ID