ERROR: Macro /header is missing!

Injured hunter still in stable condition

  • Sunday, October 6, 2013

  • Updated Friday, October 11, 2013 11:23 am

A hunter who spent more than 24 hours in the woods after being injured from a fall from a tree stand remains in the intensive care unit at Grand Stand Hospital.
 Blaine Musgrove Jr., also known as Bo, was listed in stable condition Tuesday, according to his sister, Gail Miller.
Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson said the 43-year-old man went hunting in the woods behind his home in the 3900 block of Pennyroyal Road late Friday afternoon.
Miller said Musgrove did return home Friday night but went out hunting again early Saturday.
Cuthbertson said a family member called 911 Sunday morning to report he had not returned home.
“Deputies entered the woods behind the victim's house and located him within 10 minutes at the bottom of his tree stand. The victim told deputies he fell from his tree stand after falling asleep. The victim was alert and air lifted to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center,” Cuthbertson states.
He reportedly suffered a broken leg and hip injuries.
What is unknown is how long Musgrove was injured before he was located. Miller said he has been unconscious since arriving at the hospital.
Miller said his family did not know he had been in the woods that long until they received a call Sunday morning.
She also said Musgrove was wearing a harness at the time of the accident but she is unsure why it was apparently not connected.
She said they do not know if he was climbing up the stand or maybe moving around when he fell.
“He is going to require surgery. He is going to make it,” Miller said. “We appreciate all the prayers and thank everyone who worked to find him.”

Comments

Notice about comments:

South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.



South Strand News

© 2014 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.
150-02-88705