Friday, April 12, 2013
The Georgetown County YMCA/UCA Wahoos hosted their first Grand Strand Swim League Meet at home this season on March 23.
The Wahoos took a first place overall. The Myrtle Beach Marlins finished second, and the Conway Tigersharks placed third overall.
Wahoo swimmers placing in the top three overall in their age group and receiving medals were:
• 6U boys: first, Briar Long.
• 8U girls: first, Abigail Condon, second, Kelsey Campbell, third, Grey Barrier.
• 10U boys: second, Michael Paglio, third, Benjamin Richards.
• 10U girls: first, Quinn Barrier, second, Hannen Mackey, third, Cameron Kuenzle.
• 12U boys: third, Hunter Shull.
• 12U girls: first, Catherine Condon.
• 13 and 14 boys: first, Jonathon Trejo.
• 13 and 14 girls: first, Chrissie Wall, second, Abigail Pagett, third, Darrian Gardner.
• 18U boys: first, Caleb Freyer, second, Andrew Gwinn.
• 18U girls: first, Hailey Barrier, second, Taylor McConnell, third, Hannah Moore.
Wahoos placing in the top 10 in their age group were: Gracie Pifer (fourth), Edwin Lopez (fourth), Cameron Bonham (fifth), Allen Poston (eighth), J.J. Tupacz (fourth), Covey Loftus (sixth) and Grayson Freeman (seventh).
For more information on swimming and other programs, contact the YMCA at 545-9622 or visit www.coastalcarolinaymca.org
South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.