Friday, January 18, 2013
On Thursday, investigators from the Georgetown Police Department and Agents from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division conducted unannounced checks of twelve different businesses Georgetown for alcohol violations and/or possession of gaming devices.
These checks resulted in violations against the businesses alcohol license and/or seizures of gaming devices from the following locations:
1. Buzz’s Roost, 715 Front Street, five electronic poker/keno devices were seized.
2. Beef O’Brady’s, 1133 N. Fraser St., two games of chance were seized.
3. Castaway’s Bar & Grill, 833 Front St., one game of chance was seized.
4. Katz Bar, 630 S. Fraser St., four electronic poker/keno devices were seized,
5. Money Saver, 1804 Highmarket St., one game of chance was seized.
6. Fish Tails Bar & Grill, 532 Church St., one game of chance was seized.
Administrative violations were written against each business owners alcohol license.
This is an on-going investigation and more charges are expected from this operation.
Source: Georgetown Police Department