• Georgetown Times
  • Waccamaw Times
  • Inlet Outlook

Sheriff: Man accused of child solicitation and other crimes had contact with at least one local teen

  • Wednesday, October 3, 2012

  • Updated Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:51 am

The Florida man authorities say had been soliciting at least 40 underage girls online was communicating with at least one teenager from Georgetown County.
That information was released today by Georgetown County Sheriff Lane Cribb at a press conference concerning this week’s arrest of Justin Slavinski, 32, of Apopka, Florida.
As a result of an investigation by the Sheriff’s Office Internet Crime Unit that began in March, authorities uncovered approximately 27,000 instant messages and other communications Slavinski had sent to as many as 40 underage females in Florida and other states.
Also discovered on his computers were numerous photographs depicting child pornography, Cribb said.
It has not been revealed if Slavinski had physical contact with any of the females.
When asked if any of the girls are from Georgetown County, Cribb said ‘yes.’ When asked if there was more than one female he had been communicating with locally, Cribb said “only one that I know of.”
Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson said because the investigation is still in progress, the South Carolina Attorney General’s Office has asked that few details about the crime be released.
Cuthbertson said as a result of the local investigation, a search warrant executed on Slavinski’s residence by authorities in Florida.
Slavinski has been charged with one count of Criminal Solicitation of a Minor and three counts for Dissemination of Obscene Material to a Minor. He is being extradited to Georgetown County and is expected to arrive at the Detention Center this evening.

Read more on Slavinski’s arrest and the Sheriff’s Office Internet Crime Unit in Wednesday’s Georgetown Times.

Comments

Notice about comments:

South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.



South Strand News

© 2014 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.
150-02-88705