• Georgetown Times
  • Waccamaw Times
  • Inlet Outlook

Police Blotter: 28-year-old woman accused of having relationship with 15-year-old girl

  • Wednesday, September 18, 2013

  • Updated Friday, October 4, 2013 7:07 am

A Choppee Road woman called 911 Sept. 6 after she and her 15-year-old daughter got into a verbal argument because the teen is allegedly in a relationship with a 28-year-old woman.
The teen admits she and the woman “have only kissed” and the relationship has progressed no further.
The teen's mom says the 28-year-old woman has been a frequent guest at their home but now wants her placed on trespass notice.
She said when the woman would visit, she and the teen would stay in a car for hours. The complainant also said she caught her daughter with a bottle of liquor, which she believes was supplied by the suspect.
The teen said the bottle came from a friend at school.
The deputy advised the teen on the seriousness of the situation and told her it would be a good idea to have no further contact with the woman.
As the deputy was leaving, he heard the woman and her daughter arguing again. He went back inside and found the teen in her bedroom. She was on the phone with the suspect.
The case is still being investigated

Parking lot attack

A deputy was sent to On The Half Shell in the 4500 block of Highway 17 Bypass in Murrells Inlet at about 11:45 p.m. Sept. 7 because of an assault.
The deputy saw a blood-covered 30-year-old man in the parking lot next to a truck.
The man, whose face was swollen, said he had been attacked by an unknown male for no reason.
A witness reported seeing the attack but could not give a good description of the suspect of the car in which he left.
It is believed the fight may have started because the suspect did not like where the victim parked.
The victim was taken to the hospital for treatment.

Two restaurant

Someone broke into the China Wok restaurant on Willbrook Blvd. overnight Sept. 3.
A deputy reported the front door glass was shattered and the brick believed to have been used was found next to the door.
A cash register was found open. According to the owner, about $100 was stolen from the register.
The scene was processed for evidence.
That same night, a similar crime took place at the Ocean Dragon restaurant in Pawleys Island.
A brick was used to shatter the front door at that location as well.
About $100 was taken from the register in that restaurant also.

Attempted truck

 A man from the 300 block of Archer Road in Pawleys Island reported someone tried to burn his truck Sept. 11.
The man said he was awakened by a neighbor about his truck door being open.
He walked outside and saw the area near his gas tank was burned.
The victim said a 57-year-old Pawleys Island man may be to blame.
He said that man and his roommate have had problems concerning a loan recently.
Deputies found that man and while speaking with him, he admitted using a gasoline-soaked sock to try to set the truck on fire.
He was arrested for malicious injury to personal property.

 Information is subject to change as the investigation proceeds. Individuals arrested and/or charged have not been convicted.
—Compiled by Scott Harper

Child found in front yard alone

A woman who works for a loan company was in the area of Lehman Place Road between Georgetown and Andrews Sept. 12 when she saw a 2-year-old boy in a front yard alone.

She said she knocked on the front door of the home but got no response. The woman said the baby walked back inside the house, so she started blowing her car horn. Again, there was no response.

She said she returned to the door of the home and the baby walked outside again, this time he removed his diaper.

After waiting for about five minutes for someone to return, she called her supervisor who called 911.

While she was waiting for the deputies, two women drove up. When the women were informed about the baby being left alone, they went to a neighboring house where the child’s mother was located.

When the deputy arrived, the child’s mother said she was next door making tea and had been gone for about eight minutes.

Upon further investigation it was determined the woman had been asleep, not making tea.

The woman was arrested and the child was placed into the custody of another person by DSS.


Notice about comments:

South Strand News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not South Strand News.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.

South Strand News

© 2014 South Strand News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.